The Cantina di Solopaca is one of the oldest farmer’s cooperative all over the Campania. With its production of more than 120 thousand hectrolites of wine it is set at the first places in the whole regional production.
The vineyards are located in a wide area that, starting from Solopaca’s territory, involves other 16 neighbouring disctricts, reaching a total planted area of about 1300 hectares. In this territory is grown the Solopaca DOC, the first wine which got the D.O.C. guarantee in 1974.
The grown varieties are the Falanghina and the Aglianico, local Sannio Beneventano vines, but also the Greco and the Fiano. In recent years vineyards linked to the tradition have also been rediscovered such as the Coda di Volpe and the Barbera.
Solopaca stretches at the Taburno Camposauro Regional Park foot, in the province of Benevento, in an area formerly known as Sannio, ever devoted to the winegrowing. On the Solopaca hills was born the fabulous “Solopaca D.O.C.” whose story is lost in the dim and distant past…..even Joachim Murat, french general and King of Naples, who tasting the Solopaca wine, extoled its merits until comparing the impetuous power of the wine to that of his brother in law Napoleon.